After spending most evenings last week partying like it was 1399 with medieval scholars, Estevan and I went back to antiquity and found the roof on the addition of Tristan’s house made a fine vomitoruim “to spew forth” over the shoddy workmanship we encounter every time we work on it. This time we removed a swamp cooler off the roof and covered the hole left in the roof where the cooler was with a skylight. We also replaced a skylight that had not been installed properly. That skylight had cracks in it and gaps around its frame so it leaked. We also caulked cracks along the bottom of the parapet caused by the addition settling, and finished out the inside of the hole under the new skylight. After that we hung a French door in the entrance to the area where the upstairs part of the addition, bathroom, laundry room and bedrooms are.
The washing machine and dryer were moved into a bedroom closet on the second floor above the garage when the addition was built. It’s a strange place for a washer and dryer, so we are trying to figure out where they were before the addition to see if any of the original hookups are still in the walls. We want to move the washer and dryer so we can make the closet where they are now into a kitchenette, then the area of the house over the garage and the addition across the hall can be used as an apartment. But locating where the washer and dryer were originally is proving to be difficult.